KAddressbook & LDAP server for home network

Hi,

I have a really tiny network here at home (just our two computers connected
one server; workstations have Debian/testing and KDE 3.2.3 and server
Debian/stable installed).

I would love to make central depository of all addresses which we could
share.
I have installed slapd on the server and I was able to import one record
with
ldapadd. I am also able to locate this record with
ldap://server/?o=family,c=US?? on the workstation KDE.

Now I would love to make export of my directory from KAdressbook into LDIF
and
import it to the LDAP server. However, I cannot make import the attached
LDIF
file into LDAP server:

 mitmanek:/home/matej# ldapadd -v -f /tmp/addressbook-example.ldif -x \
  -D cn=admin,o=ceplovi,c=US -w messiah
 ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
 add givenname:
         NOT ASCII (54 bytes)
 add uid:
         0VBSEdSQUm
 add mail:
         con_washington@embassy.mzv.cz
 add modifytimestamp:
         20040707T150909Z
 add objectclass:
         top
         person
         organizationalPerson
 adding new entry "mail=con_washington@embassy.mzv.cz"
 ldap_add: No such object
 ldif_record() = 32
 mitmanek:/home/matej#

A couple of questions:

1) How to make it work?
2) "NOT ASCII" makes me slightly nervous -- does slapd works seamlessly with
UTF-8 coded records? I am a Czech so I need all those diacritical marks
working.
3) Will KAddressbook support RW access to LDAP?
4) Will it support disconnected support?
5) Is LDAP directory used through KAdressbook synchronizable through KPilot?

Trying to search Google (and Google Groups) up and down, but I cannot find
much information on this.

Thanks a lot for any advice,

 Matej

--