Re: Konqueror over nfs VERY slow

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 18:49:29 +0000, Alan Chandler
<alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:
> > Do you have the little content preview icons for directories turned on?
> I expect so, at least I haven't done anything to turn them off.  Do you really
> thing they could have such a bad effect on the performance of nfs?

Depends on how many directories there are, how deep the hierarchy
goes, and how many files are in each directory. On my local disk, I
can have Konq hang for a few seconds when looking at / or /usr or a
couple of other high-level directories as it sweeps down and works out
what file-types are in each subdirectory of the current one. I'd think
that doing that over a network would be even worse, even on an
otherwise fast machine, as Konq's got to recursively query each
directory to see what it contains.

Try turning those off, and see what happens.

--
-Nick Pilon