Konqueror over nfs VERY slow

I have an several nfs mount to one of my other machines set up from my kde
workstation

If I try to browser into these exported directories in konqueror by clicking
on the mount point to decend into one of the exported directories, and then
further into the subdirectory it takes ages to display the directory (perhaps
one minute for a directory containing about 30 items).

It also appears that during these delay alternate access via the same mount
point (via say just cd and ls in a konsole) is also held up. Access to other
mounted nfs directories are not delayed.

Is this a known problem, or a setup problem on my part?

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk