UTF8 an KDE in debian sid?

Hi all,

I am a bit confused about the utf8 support of KDE 3.3 in Sid.
I was a GNOME user befor switching to KDE fa few weeks ago and in gdm I
was able to choose de@utf8 and got a full utf8 enabled GNOME-Desktop.

Just I am using KDE and happy but I have only utf8 enabled Apps, if I
start them from the uxterm. When I start my apps from kicker or menu,
they do not have utf8 support.

I have utf8 enabled in

 /etc/locale.gen
de_DE.UTF-8 UTF-8
de_DE.UTF-8@euro UTF-8
de_DE@euro ISO-8859-15
en_GB ISO-8859-1
en_GB.ISO-8859-15 ISO-8859-15
en_GB.UTF-8 UTF-8
de_DE ISO-8859-1

 /etc/enviroment
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8@euro

 /home/$USER/.profile
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8@euro; export LANG
LC_ALL=de_DE.UTF-8@euro; export LC_ALL
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8@euro" ; export LC_CTYPE
LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8" ; export LC_MESSAGES

In KDM I cannot choose my character-encoding thus it is able in gdm.

Start my KDE from gdm is not es solution.

Is there a global "enable-UTF8-Button" in Kontrol-Center I missed?

  Thnx for your help?

    Jan