Re: Font substitution in Konqueror?

On Thursday 28 October 2004 10:04 am, John Goerzen wrote:

> I poked around a little in /etc/fonts, and as far as I could tell, it
> should already be doing this, but I don't really know what's going on
> with those files.
>
> Any suggestions?

The easiest way for a KDE user to futz with font stuff is to use the new font
installer control module/ioslave stuff that came in with 3.1 or 3.2.  It
takes a lot of the pain away.

However, I actually *have* those fonts installed, and I still run into pages
that insist on displaying in some really hideous bitmapped Helvetica font.  I
haven't solved it.  There isn't much middle ground.  You can force Konqueror
to always use the one font you specify on the "visually impaired" stylesheet
(or whatever it's actually called), but other than that, you're left in the
hands of the whims of fate and stuff.

Fonts in Linux/X are still way too complicated.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/