Re: Font substitution in Konqueror?

Josh Metzler wrote:

> I don't really know if this will work, but looking in
> /etc/fonts/fonts.conf,
> I see "Alias well known font names to available TrueType fonts".    This
> seems to be allowing Times to be replaced by Times New Roman, Helvetica
> and
> Arial by Verdana, and Courier by Courier New.  I think these are all fonts
> from msttcorefonts.
>
> So, maybe you could add similar lines in local.conf but with the Bitstream
> Vera fonts as replacements?

There seems to be some relevant discussion of this at

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-i18n-list/2004-August/msg00018.html

(although in GNOME context), but I have no clue whether it helps. Let us
know if you find a solution.

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember
that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.
Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a
reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
    -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925