kde 3.3 stalls when I log in through kdm

Hello,

 I have Debian Sid with kde 3.3 installed on compaq armada M-700.

After the installation of kde3.3 I experience a weird problem with it - almost every time I log in through kdm - any keystroke makes everything stall, I can't click on anything. The only thing that continues to function is my mouse (moves). It lasts for about 2 seconds and then I can contintue to work with the mouse, but not with the keyboard.

If I log in through xdm or by typing startx in the console, everything works ok, but the fonts are bigger then usual - instead of 12 it looks like 14.

I tried to delete the .kde folder, then to remove all the folders with my username at tmp, but alas! nothing helps.

I have a similar installation on a desktop pc and I have not encountered any problem like this so far on it.

Any ideas?

Rait Alexandr