Re: Can't exclude flash plugin from working on slashdot.org

On Sunday 17 October 2004 12:48 pm, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
> I have been trying to stop slashdot.org from running flash adverts because
> they use a lot of cpu and causes the fan to start up on my laptop.
>
> The code on the page that includes the flash adverts look like this:
>
> <iframe style='{background-color: #FFFFFF }' id='1' type='content'
> name='pos1'
> SRC='http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=5404&alloc_id=11703&site_id=1&request_id=55
>20627' width='729' height='90' frameborder='0' border='0' MARGINWIDTH='0'
> MARGINHEIGHT='0' SCROLLING='no'></iframe>

Easiest solution: install AdBlock for Firefox or Mozilla.

http://adblock.mozdev.org/installation.html

Then block the following:

*ads.osdn.com*

Ahhh ... no more ads.

If you want my adblock file, which you can import, you can get it here:

ftp://ftp.granneman.com/linux/bin/adblock_filters.txt

Scott

--
R. Scott Granneman
scott@granneman.com ~ www.granneman.com
Join GranneNotes! Information at www.granneman.com

"The world is full of people whose notion of a satisfactory future is, in
fact, a return to the idealised past."
      ---Robertson Davies