Middle-clicking doesn't start new message

I have folders to store the debian-kde and debian-users message lists.
Currently, selecting the folder and clicking the middle butten does not bring
up a New Mail window.

I just went through the preferences window to verify that a Mailing List was
configured and that  all else was well.  When I clicked "Detech
Automatically" to configure the name in the Mailing List tab, the address
that I had entered "debian-kde@lists.debian.org" immediately had a "mailto:";

Using "mailto:debian-kde@lists.debian.org"; has fixed my problem.  You not only
need to enter the mailing list name but also how the name is to be handled.

You learn something everyday!

Too much is just enough.
  -- Mark Twain, on whiskey