Konqueror, KMail Help

1.  Konqueror has buttons to increase (+) or decrease (-) the size
    of displayed text.

    Is the increment/decrement amount adjustable?  On my unstable box,
    the text will jump from being 1/4-inch high to 3/4-inch (an increase of
    36 points).  Can I reduce that amount only 1 or 2 points per step?

2.  KMail no longer opens a New Mail window when middle-clicking on a
    mailing-list folder.  The folder has been verified to have the name
    "debian-kde@lists.debian.org", however a middle-click is not recognized.

Any ideas are most welcome.

Bob
--