Konsole crashing

Seems I've done something to break my konsole.  It used to work fine, now
it crashes whenever I try to start it.

I've tried a different user account on the same machine.  Still crashes.
I've tried the same user account on a different machine (both machines are
running sarge, up-to-date).  No crash there.  These two machines share the
same NFS mount for /home, so I don't think the problem is in there.

It seems to have started after I tried setting the 100dpi switch in my KDM
configuration.  I've removed that switch, but it didn't magically fix
konsole.

Any suggestions on how to track this down?  Thanks in advance.

Jason