Re: KDE packages missing in Sarge

On Thursday, 2 Sep 2004 17:12, Hannes Kuhnert wrote:
> Since Tuesday some KDE packages aren't anymore contained in Sarge.
>
> Some Examples:
>
> kwrite
> kdegraphics
>  kuickshow
>  kpdf
>  kviewshell
>  ^ don't know the exact name
>
> Has anyone else noticed it? I think that's a bug.
>
> Hannes

/usr/bin/kwrite is part of the kate package. I am tracking Unstable, and
I have daily records of available upgrades since March. There is no
record of a kwrite package in that time (and I have and have had the
kwrite binary as long as I can remember), so I doubt it has been a
package of its own any time recently.

kdegraphics was apparently removed "as part of the tiff/libexif
transition" according to
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=268966 (it's always
good to check the BTS before asking about a suspected bug), but I don't
know the details. I am sure searching through the other mailing lists
might clue you in, if you're curious. Anyway, as the report states, NMU
(Non-Maintainer Upload) packages should be finding their way into Sarge
any time now, if they haven't already. Probably attributable to frantic
work to get Sarge out.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/