Menus are screwed up (double entrys or "No text!")

After upgrading KDE to 3.3.0 on a Debian/Sid Box I have to following problem:

Most menus in my kde applications are screwed up. Mostly these
show up as a menu heading of "No text!" or a menu containing all the items in
one section twice, usually with the other sections missing. All the "No
text!" ones also suffer from the duplicate items problem.

I purged all kde related packages, removed my ~/.kde folder an installed
everything again. Same results. Menus are still unusable.

Any hints?

Timo