Konqueror is very slow on browsing internet

Hi,

I dist-upgraded my sid about the time when the first kde 3.3 packages showed
up and I noted a dramatic reduction in speed when browsing the internet with
konqueror. I first expected it to be something wrong with my dns, but a
windows and macos machine on the same net had no problem.

With tethereal I see that calling google from konqueror does not take long to
resolve the name, it is there in almost no time. (just milliseconds) Then
there is a lot of traffic like Who has this and this IP number and about 20
seconds after the name request was sent to the dns, I can see that there is a
HTTP get request to the IP number that fits google. That brings up the text.
Then there is about 20 more seconds and then the GIF's show up.

I searched around on google to find a lot of stuff with alias net-pf-10 off
regarding ipv6 being used. I commented out ipv6 in /etc/modules/aliases and
created a new file /etc/modprobe.conf like the RH guys and suse guys are
supposed to do. That didn't help konqueror much.

I have also installed mozilla-firefox from sid, and that browser does not show
any significant delay like konqueror do.

I haven't found much about this ipv6 thing on debian, maybe nobody has had
these experiences but me?

I am running sid on a 2.4 kernel on a k6-333
--
Svenn