Re: khelpcenter and ht://dig: the folder doesn't exist. unable to create index.

To: debian-kde@lists.debian.org
Subject: khelpcenter and ht://dig: The folder doesn't exist. Unable to create index.
From: Brian Kimball <bk@bk.cx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:12:09 -0700

I have not been able to find any information on setting up khelpcenter and ht://dig. Has anyone figured out how to do this? The ht://dig settings are in khelpcenter under the menu Settings->Configure KDE Help Center. Under the HTML Search tab arethree "program locations" that I have to fill in... "htsearch","Indexer", and "htdig database". No matter what I put in those fieldsI get the error "The folder doesn't exist. Unable to create index." Iassume it's referring to the htdig database directory, /var/lib/htdig,but it *does* exist, and is populated with a database generated from http://localhost/doc/HTML (just to have something to start with). And what the hell is "Indexer"? I tried /usr/bin/htdig and htmerge with no success.

Hi,
I just managed to find those elements asked by Brian (who may have found by now ;)
 - htsearch	:
 - indexer	:
 - htdig database:
But you also have to point to the directory you want to get indexed in the first window (where it shows "Index directory"), which is something i first didn't check, being confused by the name "Indexer" (french verb for 'to index') !

Hope this helps,
kozaki

--
M2 le client email revolutionnaire d'Opera: Parce-que je le vaux bien !
http://c.laloy.free.fr/howtos/windows/index_instal.html (guide en francais)