Re: kmail + gnugpg = decryption-error

On Friday 27 August 2004 14:25, Joerg Reckers wrote:
> Encrypted message (decryption not possible)
> Reason: Crypto plug-in "openpgp" could not decrypt the data.
>
> anyone experienced the same problem, or is it me again, missed some
> settings? pls tell me, joerg

I had the same problem with the same environment (sid). Kmail needs some
programs to function properly, e.g gpg-agent, gpgconfig, etc, as it is
written here:

http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html

So you should install newpg, which is unfortunately not in sid (yet?).
Unofficial packages are available here:

deb http://ma2geo.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de/public-debian sarge/

It's ok for sid.

But I have an other problem too with encryption: inline decryption stopped
working with kmail 1.7 (it was ok before)

I've tried to send for myself an inline encrypted mail. The encryption was
ok, the mail came back, and the usual dialog (note: not the pinentry one)
popped up asking for the passphrase. However, after entering the _correct_
passphrase, the raw mail is displayed without any error message. After a
bit strace-ing, it seems that an english error message tries to shown up,
but the .mo file is not in the package libgpg-error0. There are only
german and polish messages, but no english:

eddie% dpkg -L libgpg-error0
/.
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/libgpg-error.so.0.1.3
/usr/share
/usr/share/locale
/usr/share/locale/de
/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/libgpg-error.mo
/usr/share/locale/pl
/usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES
/usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/libgpg-error.mo
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libgpg-error0
/usr/share/doc/libgpg-error0/copyright
/usr/share/doc/libgpg-error0/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libgpg-error0/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/lib/libgpg-error.so.0

Should I file a bugreport?

--
Putz Ákos  Email : bug@member.fsf.org

PGP fingerprint = 67C9 70B0 C7ED C889 A91B  CED1 F706 2442 DF2A 308B