Keyboard Layout in KDE 3.2.x (Debian Sarge)

Hello All

At the moment I try to set up an Alu Powerbook Swiss German Keyboard
Layout in KDE 3.2. In the configuration file XF86config-4 I use the
following settings:

----snip

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier      "Keyboard0"
    Driver          "keyboard"
    Option          "CoreKeyboard"
    Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
    Option          "Xkbmodel"      "macintosh"
    Option          "XkbLayout"     "de_CH"

----snip

But there are a lot of missing swiss german keys in KDE 3.2 (sarge). I
know that I can set a keyboard layout in kde itself using 'Region&.../
keyboard layout'. But there no macintosh opportunities. Further, I used
the command 'setxkbmap -v -rules xfree86 -model macintosh -layout de_CH',
but this didn't help either (the less bigger key was replaced; still no
èéàöäü...).

Somewhere I read that KDE does not use XF86Config setting. Is this right?
Therefore I would like to test my X Server setting in another envrionment
than KDE. I installed all x-window packages (aptitude), but I cannot
start another x-window-manager both startx and xdm ends in KDE3.2.

What do I have to change that I can launch a simple x-window-system that
uses the keyboard definition of XF86Config?

Where reads KDE 3.2 its keyboard definitions? Until now I only found the
file 'kxkb_groups' (or something like that; at the moment I am in a OSX
environment).

Kind regards and thanks in advance for helping me

Roland Wegmann
rowe_gnu@gmx.net