Re: 3.2.3-3 in sarge?

El Viernes, 30 de Julio de 2004 04:32, Chris Cheney escribió:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 11:29:26AM +1000, Ben Burton wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > > I really belief that it would be better to include a bug fixed kde 3.2
> > > than a buggy kde 3.3.
> >
> > FWIW, I'm also in favour of including 3.2.3 rather than 3.3.0.  Each new
> > 3.x release seems to (understandably) begin with a number of annoyances
> > that are ironed out over the BRANCH releases, and debian is certainly
> > known for shipping old and solid over new and flaky.
>
> Well current konqueror in sid which is actually newer than 3.2.2 since
> it has branch fixes, still crashes on my hourly. So far konqueror in KDE
> 3.2.92 hasn't crashed on me yet. So I guess you just have to weigh out
> which is better, something that has known bugs vs bugs we don't about
> yet...

The release schedule of 3.3 is shorter than the one of 3.2, so I suppose it
includes less changes than previous releases, and there will be less
surprises, I hope. And if the next release after 3.3 will be KDE 4, it's
possible that the 3.3 branch will be better mantained than the 3.2 one.

Just my two cents. :)

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://darkshines.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net