Re: Klipper hangs

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Steve Corwin wrote:

> When I try to pop up klipper it hangs.  Not only that, but if I invoke
> it with a keystroke it blocks all keyboard input until I use the mouse
> to start a process manager and kill it.  If I use the mouse to invoke it
>   then all mouse input is blocked and most keyboard input too, but I can
> get to a different virtual console and kill it from there.
>
> This is happening on two different machines, both updated to KDE 3.2.2
> and both running sarge (testing).  The only bug I found that seems
> relevant is 83659, "Prevent empty clipboard" option makes klipper hang.
>   However I turned that option off and klipper still hangs.
>
> Has anybody else seen this?

Yes, Klipper is behaving quite strangely here as well - sometimes when I
click on it it will sometimes block the mouse for an unforseable time. I
usualy press CTRL-ALT and the mouse is miraculously released.

But KDE (or X?) in general, since 3.2 or something seems to handle the
mouse in a more painful way then before. Some apps, like acroread,
openoffice and others have the habbit of grabbing the mouse and the focus
until they're started. This is a quite "new" and very annoying "feature"
I'm seeing - I was not seeing this under X a few years ago. Usually I
press CTRL-Fx to change to a different virtual workspace and back and the
mouse is released.
*t

  Tomas Pospisek
  http://sourcepole.com -  Linux & Open Source Solutions