File properties: Editing file type does not work

When I try to change file type settings from the file properties dialog
by clicking the small "wrench" button, nothing happens at the UI. In
~.xsession-errors I find this error message

keditfiletype: Unknown option '--parent'.

Apparently keditfiletype is called in the wrong way. I couldn't find
this problem in the Debian and KDE bug DBs. Did I just overlook it?
Does it only happen for me?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                 Not only does lightning not strike
mailto:michael@schuerig.de       twice, it usually doesn't strike once.