Re: severe load on imap sever by kmail

I have seen this also using kmail and courier-imap. I had always assumed it was kmail since this never happens with other clients. On my system, the lag (client-side) is particularly long when opening a new folder. I have never investigated the problem thoroughly, though.

Courtney

Johnny Geling wrote:

I have different email client connecting the same imap server (debian woody). I run courier imap from the woody release.

Only with kmail the server is for a longtime (several minutes) working on something. It load is arround 80%. It looks like kmail freezes my imap server on the connection.

I run debian sid (so kmail 1.6.2

I don't have this with other email clients. (mozilla thunderbird, mozilla, sylpheed claws)

Is this a bug from kmail or from the courier imapd?

Johnny