Re: Web-URL annoyances

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 12:05:07PM -0400, Silvan wrote:
> On Saturday 29 May 2004 06:53 pm, Ross Boylan wrote:
>
> > When I highlight a URL the Web-URL thingy pops up on the lower right
> > of my screen.  For quite awhile it's been misbehaving, though somewhat
> > erratically.
>
> > Is anybody else seeing this?  I'm on KDE 3.2.2 from the Debian
> > packages.
>
> I'm running that too, but I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what
> you're talking about.
>
> What is a "Web-URL thingy?"  Your description is so vague it seems you must
> expect everyone to understand immediately what you're talking about.  I've
> been running KDE through all versions since 2.1, and I don't have the
> slightest clue.  I presume it's probably something I never turned on, or
> something I turned off so long ago I've forgotten all about it.
>
> My curiosity is piqued.

Fortunately someone else answered this.  As I said in my post (sorry
about the duplicates, by the way), part of the problem was I didn't
know what the relevant part was.

A couple of you have pointed out I can disable the feature, which I
was aware of.  But I wonder why it is misbehaving.

Interestingly, I've run into another misbehavior: lyx-qt selections
and klipper also do not get along
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=251553 and the
slightly different KDE bugs referenced there).

P.S. I thought that klipper was just about recording selections; I
didn't realize it was also managing the URL popups.