Re: USB digital cameras for the total n00b?

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 02:10 am, Caveman wrote:
> mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera
>
> Where /dev/sda1 will be the device unless you have scsi disks or another
> usb storage device already connected. and /mnt/camera will be the folder.

I think it was /dev/sda8 actually, but maybe I'm mistaken.  Is hotplug
supposed to spot edit fstab and create this mountpoint or something?  I don't
have a /mnt/camera or a fstab entry; neither of which is a problem unless
something was supposed to have created them for me already.

Will the camera move depending on which of these strange little holes I stick
the plug into?  The hardest part of the process I so vaguely described was
determining which of sda1 through sda15 had the camera on it.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/