Re: default file permissions

On Sunday 09 May 2004 11:17 pm, Bart Dorsey wrote:

> then set the "group sticky bit" on the directory

Interesting and useful demonstration.  I didn't know the sticky bit could do
that.  It was the missing piece of my own setup, which is supposed to let us
stick things into the common spot, but not trample on each other in any way.
After getting what you were talking about, I switched the directory from 1775
to 3775, and now I don't have to chown stuff to the group for the group to
look at it.  Cool.

Coincidental to the guy we're trying to help, but it sure was a nice discovery
for me, so thanks!

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/