Re: KDE 3.2 desktop

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 7:20 pm, Broughton, Derek wrote:
> Ack!!  I just did a major dist-upgrade in Sarge and suddenly my desktop
> icons all have _extremely_ ugly drop-shadowed labels.  I can't read them.
> How can I turn this off?  It isn't obvious to me anywhere in the Control
> Center.
> --
> derek

Right-click on Desktop & choose Configure Desktop.

Select Background.

Click on Advanced Options.

Uncheck Enable Shadow.

OK. OK.

Scott

--
R. Scott Granneman
scott@granneman.com ~ www.granneman.com
Join GranneNotes! Information at www.granneman.com
Read my blog at http://radio.weblogs.com/0100530

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when
wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little
rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere."
      ---Thomas Jefferson to Abigail Adams, 1787