Re: kde: problems with dcop and kded

hi Adeodato

>  > so - no problem at all if kded runs. my question now is:
>  > why doesn't it get started automatically?
>  That's what has to be found out. ;-)

hopefully :-)

>  > or is it a problem of my setup?
>      I'd say so. Can you create a new user account and see if it happens
>      to him? [This is generally a good first step when troubleshooting
>      any KDE problem.]

ok, logged in with another user which has never used kde before (no .kde),
kded get's properly started, everything works as expected.
seems like only my user is affected. do you have any idea about which part
of .kde i should delete?  or is there a workaround something?

anyway, thanks for the help so far,

Pascal

--
Pascal Mainini             -------  open-minded computer artist