Re: Upgrading from 3.1.X to 3.2.2 : KDM not working anymore

Le mercredi 28 Avril 2004 16:23, Andrew Schulman a écrit :

> Does this happen for all users, or just charles?

It happens just for charles, for other users (for example root) it works.

I've tried dpkg --purge kdm and reinstalling it to get clean configuration
files but it did not solve my problem.

What is happening when I try to log with user charles is that the screen goes
black for a second and kdm resets itself. So I guess, that after the
authentification the X server crashes and resets itself.

When I try to log through KDM with user charles, I get
the /home/charles/.xsessions-error

Xlib: Protocol not supported by server

xrdb: Can't open display ':0'

<ranting mode>
The day that Xfree has an easier configuration and meaningful error messages,
Linux on the Desktop will be user friendly...
</ranting mode>

Cheers,
Charles
--