Re: Installing Agypten with KDE 3.2

Hi folks!

>  The Crypto Plug-In '/usr/lib/cryptplug/gpgme-openpgp.so' reported the
>  following details:
>  #19 : No Passphrase
>
>  I can sign them inline, but I don't really like that and that appears to
>  be the opinion of most others too.

i had exactly the same situation as you describe - i tried over and over
to set up aegypten properly - but it didn't work. during over half
a year i started various attempts to get stuff working - until one day
i had a stupid idea: maybe something's wrong with my passphrase?
i set then my passphrase to something pretty short to test - and it worked!

due to lack of time, i didn't investigate further - and i'm not sure if
it's a bug or not (the same passphrase works fine when using gpg on
command-line).

my passphrase was then over 64 chars long and had german umlauts (like
ugly äöü) in it. i'm using pinentry-gtk.

if it's the same problem in your situation, maybe we should fill a
bug-report - or somebody from this list knows more about?

ah, by the way: if you sign messages inline, openpgp-plugin doesn't
get used - it's kmail's integrated gpg-functions which handle this.

>  As soon as I get this all sorted out I'm going to craft a "HowDid"
>  explaining what I did, assuming I can remember everything.
>  The joys of running stuff on the edge I guess.

jepa, i was also thinking of that - the problem is that i did *that*
much till it worked that i'm not really sure what the right way is :-)

kind regards,

Pascal

--
Pascal Mainini             -------  open-minded computer artist