my cdwriter is recognized as hard disk by kde mount watcher

Hello list,

I have enabled the devices icons for the kde desktop.
I have a cdreader device and a cdwriter devices attached to my linuxbox.
The cdreaderdevice appears correct if I choose to show the mounted/unmounted
cdreader device icons but the cdwriter device does not appear if I choose to
show the cdwriter device icons. But if I choose to show the harddisks the
cdwriter device appears. The same thing in the sidebar of Konqueror.
/services/ brings up to me that th cdwriter counts as harddisk.
Does someone know how to change this strange behavior.
[I have looked in /etc/fstab. Both, cdwriter and reader has the iso9660
filesystem]
thank you
Wolfgang