Re: Konq - open in background tab
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Konq - open in background tab
- From: Nick Leverton <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:02:20 +0100
- Message-id: <20040405120220.GJ1838@sende.co.uk>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <1078825413.2100.67.camel@cavalino> <email@example.com> <20040309105557.GD2733@sende.co.uk> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 11:11:07AM -0800, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> I agree. I found having the option of opening in a background tab or not to
> be a very convenient feature, and I was very disappointed to find it gone.
> My greatest single hope for 3.2.2 is that this feature be returned. I miss
> it so much that I call its absence a bug.
> Lobbying campaign, anyone? :-)
The bug you need to look at is http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=63706.
If you open an account on bugs.kde.org, you can then cast a vote for this
to be fixed. The package author says removing it was a deliberate act,
and has classified its return as a wishlist not a bug. I'd encourage
anyone who is as seriously inconvenienced by his unilateral decision as
I am to cast a vote for this to be fixed or, as he sees it, "enhanced".