Re: kde 3.2 in Sarge ?

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 05:11:35PM +0000, jmdeleu wrote:
> According to this week's Debian News :" A user on Debian Planet
> noticed that it is quite unlikely for sarge to include GNOME 2.6,
> which has been rescheduled for March 31st. This would be a pity,
> especially as KDE 3.2 has gotten in."
>
> Yet according to http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl: kdelibs is
> still stalled and has RC bugs and Debian packages testing still only
> has 3.1.5.
>
> What's the real story here ?

KDE 3.2.1 is in sid. KDE 3.2.2 will be uploaded to sid next week with
all known RC bugs fixed. Apparently the Gnome people don't believe they
can get Gnome into shape fast enough to make it in before the Sarge
release so they have only uploaded Gnome 2.6 to experimental. I think
they probably could get it ready in time since Sarge isn't going to be
releasing as fast as anyone originally thought. ;) Currently it looks
like Sarge won't release until sometime around June.

Chris