Re: customize menu all users

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 01:41 pm, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 March 2004 18:31, Raul Montagne wrote:
> > Which is the way to customize the KDE menu (big K) for all the users
> > in a machine.
>
> Add / modify desktop files in:
> 	KDE 3.1:  /usr/share/applnk/...
> 	KDE 3.2:  /usr/share/applications/*

Actually, If you're using KDE 3.2 (I know you said you weren't, but others
reading this might be), you will want to add files
to /usr/local/share/applications (note the "local"), as files
in /usr/share/applications are owned by packages, and changes to them will be
overwritten when you upgrade.

Note that the directory /usr/local/share/applications may not exist [1], but
you need only create it, and it will be searched by the KDE menu system.

Cheers,
nate

[1] Perhaps kdebase should have this in its debian/dirs?

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/