KNewstickers fault? (was: XFree86 at 15 % in top on KDE 3.2.1)

Patrick Dreker <patrick@dreker.de> writes:

> Am Dienstag, 30. März 2004 13:00 schrieb Jan Ulrich Hasecke:
>> But I measured with top. And there was no load at all some days ago. I
>> use top quite often.
> Please check, that X is not running reniced to -10, which is unneccessary
> using kernel 2.6.x.

Thanks for that hint. But it does not solve my problem.

I discovered that there is a kdeinit process with 6.7 % load. When I
kill it, kicker is terminated and the load of XFree86 vanishes. When I
start kicker on the command line I get this warning and the load of
XFree86 becomes again 15 or more %.

kdecore (KIconLoader): WARNING: Icon directory /usr/share/icons/kids/ group  not valid.

I like the kids-theme ;-)

So I removed all applets on the main panel and finally removed
KNewsticker from the second panel which is faded out by default. This
solved the problem. Why does KNewsticker needs cpu power when it is
faded out? Does the ticker still work in the background? If yes, my
problem is solved.

juh