Re: X mysteriously slow, no clue why

On Sun March 28 2004 05:00 am, Magnus von Koeller wrote:
 ] I tried shutting down all unnecessary daemons, everything. Nothing
 ] improves this sluggishness. I don't know exactly when this started,
 ] it certainly wasn't associated with an update.

 If you don't know when it started, how do you know it's not related
 to an update?

 Anyway, what's your swap doing?  I noticed a recent version of
 top [finally] contains the iowait state information, which might be
 useful for you.  Is your hard disk gronking more than it used to?

 It's not the fc-cache problem is it?

 That's mentioned regularly every week or so on this list, and so I'm
 sure you've already tried the solution that comes back for that one.

 Cheers,
 Jedd.