Re: X mysteriously slow, no clue why

> I have this REALLY weird problem right now. My whole X has suddenly
> started to be really slow. KDE used to be really snappy and nice to
> use, now it's really sluggish and slow to respond.

This is probably not the same problem, but a few days back on my system,
starting any KDE application started taking about 10-15 seconds. Inspecting
with 'strace', the reason turned out to be having dozens of
'~/.fonts.cache-N' files (where 'N' is an integer).

When I deleted them, everything went back to normal and there's now only one
cache file. No idea how they all got created in the first place, though.

- Jarno