startkde - cache problem

Hi all,

maybe someone is wondering where all the favicons have gone after restart.
I did, and it took me some time to figure out what it is:

The new startkde (you can find it in package ksmserver) from Chris' 3.2
packages moves the users' KDE cache directory to /var/tmp.

----------

# Link "cache" resource to directory in /var/tmp
# Creates a directory /var/tmp/kdecache-$USER and links
$KDEHOME/cache-$HOSTNAME to it.
lnusertemp cache >/dev/null

Debian removes all files in /tmp during boot with the bootclean.sh-script, and
I set up a symbolic link for /var/tmp to /tmp, so my cache files are gone
after restart also. Did someone else make the same link?
Does it make sense to have /tmp AND /var/tmp as two independent directories?

Joerg