Re: KDM automatic login

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 18:25, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> When I try to use KDM's Automatic Login feature, I see "Authenticating
> guest. Authentication failed." I thought this might be related to
> pam, so I've included /etc/pam.d/kdm here.

My solution for this problem was easily after having had a look
into /var/log/auth.log.
It appears as if kdm uses a new pam name in order to make no password logins,
which is called kdm-np. Add this file to your /etc/pam.d/ directory or just
"cp kdm kdm-np".

Have fun,
	Marcus

|Marcus Thiesen                           ICQ# 108989768|
|                   www.thiesen.org                     |
  28A7 37CC AE2C BB6C D56D     8A3D E614 E56B 7546 75F2