Avoiding aRTs? Getting juk to work with gstreamer

I don't really need all the features of aRTs, so I'm wondering if there
is a way to avoid its use? The only sound producing apps that I'm using
are juk, (k)mplayer and xine. The later two work with ALSA directly.
Juk has the option of output to gstreamer, but when I tried that, juk
crashed shortly afterwards. What would I have to do to get it to work?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  I am the sum total of the parts
mailto:michael@schuerig.de        I control directly.