Re: Bad looking fonts as root

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 00:17, Nick Leverton wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 11:44:25PM +0100, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > On Tuesday 17 February 2004 23:13, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > > Leave them like that.  8:o)  It'll keep you from running as root
> > > comfortably for longer than you have to.
> > >
> > :-) I see your point, but I think there would be better ways to
> > : achieve
> >
> > this, say a red frame around an app that's running with root
> > permissions in an otherwise "normal" environment. KControl does
> > this right.
>
> I keep the fonts different from my own, it's a useful reminder that
> the tool has a different home dir and user config files :)  If you
> want to change them, doesn't running kcontrol as root set root's
> fonts ?

Sigh, yes kcontrol sets it up correctly. I thought I had copied the
necessary config files manually. Apparently not.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig              I was blessed with a birth and a death and
mailto:michael@schuerig.de      I guess I just want some say in between.