Re: kicker panel has wrong time

* jerry garcia [Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:14:52 +0100]:

> Yes, I've checked in both KDE control center and kicker panel configuration,
> and they both are running the same time zone, PST.
> ....but,  I just checked, and GKrellm is also showing the wrong time, the same
> time as my kicker panel. when I go to kde it says the right time,   more
> investigation is needed by me methinks..

    As other post said, it seems you have your timezone wrong (your mail
    has +0100 as TZ, which is certainly not PST but CET).

    Forget about the panel and GKrellm for a moment. Look at your watch,
    and then do:

        $ date
        $ date -u

    The first command should yield the current time in your timezone,
    and the second, the current UTC time.

    HTH.

--
Adeodato Simó (a.k.a. thibaut)
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | IM: my_dato [jabber.org] | PK: DA6AE621

Truth is the most valuable thing we have, so let's economize it.
                -- Mark Twain