Re: k3b cdrecord

Le 12/01/04 à 08:57 Michael Schuerig (michael@schuerig.de) écrivait :
> > Installing xmms will not fiddle with group "audio".
> > Why exactly should be done for group "cdrom"?
>
> At least users need to be informed about the required group membership.
> I don't yet see why they should not be given an option to change it
> there and then.

1) You can be sure to detect all users (NIS, LDAP users)
2) Debconf is used on a package for configuring the package, not for
general administrative task : adding an user to the cdrom group in k3b
will "generate" changes for others programms as well.

> True, it doesn't have to be, but in its current incarnation k3b checks
> for this. Effectively, only the cdrecord.* binaries need to be suid
> root, but k3b doesn't know about them and thus can't check them. Should
> it just assume they're setup appropriately?

No it can check, if if it isn't it should warn user to dpkg-reconfigure
cdrecord, and check that the user is in the cdrom group.

--
Jean-Michel Kelbert