Re: kdelibs compile crashes - dependency on Xinerama_pic

Wellllll...... made some progress..... but no cigar

I managed to "downgrade" xlibs-pic and xlibs-dev to the
experimental 4.3.0-pre1v4 version (over Knoppix's 4.3.1 dummy package).

Tried to compile kdelibs again, got past the Xinerama_pic
problem (so it WAS in there..) and a whole lot further..
10 or 15 minutes further but with LOADS of WARNINGS
about lots of things, like comparing signed and unsigned integers, ignored parameters, etc etc.

Then it finally exited with this:

libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.la'

and indeed, there is no such .la..
there's a .so and a .a, but no .la

Any advice?? I'm really in over my head here..

Check out the latest SMS services @ http://www.operamail.com, which allows you to send SMS through your mailbox.