Re: Latest KDE for 3.0 r1

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 09:03:55PM +0000, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> I've just re-installed my own workstation with Debian 3.0 r1.
> Hoping to use KDE 3.xx of some sort.
>
> Would it be best to leave it as it is or would it be better to switch
> to unstable before upgrading from KDE 2.2.2 to 3.xx ?  Also, which
> version of 3.xx should I use ?  I think there was an online FAQ for
> this at one time.  Does it still exist ?
>
> Shall I just go to www.kde.org for the packages or can someone send in
> a useful URL for a download ?

Just add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.1.4/Debian stable main

(possibly substitute 'latest' for '3.1.4' here)

# apt-get update

and then select the packages you want to install.

By the way, does anyone know where to find a CD-ROM image to install
KDE 3.1.x on a Debian Woody system?

Regards,

--
Roy Bixler <rcb@ucp.uchicago.edu>