Re: Debianizing Debian's GNOME/KDE a bit more

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 04:33:50PM -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> I've been playing with desktop-base and Colin Walters gave the package
> to me. I'm thinking where should it go to accomplish its goals.
>
> I would like to have comments on the approach I'm using and if it's
> too intrusive, and how we can colaborate. I'm more into GNOME, and
> would like to have someone who deals with KDE close to me on this
> task, as if I understand it correctly, the package is to serve both
> desktops (and more, who knows).
>
> My current work is here:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~kov/gnome/
>
> It surely has problems (It's probably not going to work alright if
> gnome-session is not installed, I guess... should fix it soon).
>
> What do you think?

With respect to gnome-session do you just mean the splash screen? Also
do the .desktop files need to be linked into the Desktop template
directory? There doesn't appear to be a README file on how to use the
package. ;) I may check the .desktop files into KDE cvs once I decide
to use it so that the kde i18n team might fill out the descriptions a
bit more (KDE supports 60+ languages).

Chris Cheney

BTW - There is a Debian Qt/KDE developers list as well
<debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org>