Re: kdm and ~./xsession

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 18:00, Alex Polite wrote:
> And don't care much for KDE remembering what programs I had running
> last time I logged out and restoring that session on login.

Disable session management in the Control Center.

> I'd prefer kdm to just have a look at my .xsession and run whatever I
> put in there.

That depends... distributions tend to be a bit floppy in setting up X
environments. If ~/.xsession isn't being executed automatically, a brutal way
is to make it executable and drop a link in your autostart folder ;)

Greetings,
--
Thomas Ritter

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin