Re: Syles as plugins

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 22:14, Chris Cheney wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 08:24:29PM +0200, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> > IMO, the problem in the #197157 bug isn't the Qt plugin system, but
> > rather the way Anton uses styles. They are not meant to be used directly
> > by applications : you are supposed to use the QStyleFactory class
> > instead.
>
> Yes, you are correct (afaik) kdebindings had a similiar issue.
Had - that was solved. The issue isn't really an issue. Qt loads all the
styles it ships with anyway, so by using them as plugins we don't gain much.
Simon convinced me that we'd configure them built-in instead as plugins, that
way we don't loose anything but have less problems with programmers using
SuSE (who doesn't use them as plugins as well) and who want do directly
derive from them. If Qt 4 will not load them all at once on startup, we'll
maybe change that again then, for Qt 3.x it doesn't make much sense.

Ralf

> Chris

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org