Re: KDE status report (again)?

Nathanael Nerode writes:

> Hate to ask again, but what's currently holding up KDE?  I don't
> know of any Qt/KDE-affecting bugs in gcc or binutils.

First note is that apparently, the new arts package has already
entered testing.

About problems with kdelibs entering testing, I think there are the
following :

- KDE 3.1.4 has recently been uploaded, and we need to wait for it to
  be compiled on all architectures, and until the 10 waiting days are
  over..
- The glibc bug you mention only seems to be holding back
  kdemultimedia, not the rest of KDE
- the kdelibs packages.qa.debian.org page [1] doesn't mention glibc
  holding it back.  It does mention dependencies on the new arts,
  freetype, qt and libxslt packages as holding it back.  freetype has
  no bugs and just seems to need another three days' wait..  Arts
  depends on qt too, and still needs ten days waiting, libxslt depends
  on libxml2, which is a day too young..  Qt seems like the major
  problem, having a few release critical bugs.

> I ask partly because I'm really eager to get KDE 3 into testing

same here :)
cheers
domi

Footnotes: