Re: Compiling ksendfax

Paul Cupis wrote:
On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 07:39:29PM -0700, Daniel L. Miller wrote:

I'm trying to compile ksendfax and failing - the configure program is looking for the qt-mt library. I just had a horrible thought - is ksendfax looking for the KDE 2 libraries and therefore incompatible with KDE 3?

FAQ: http://wiki.debian.net/DebianKDE

Try configuring with --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3, and make sure
that you have libqt3-mt-dev installed (and kdelibs-dev).

Regards,

Paul Cupis

Thanx. I just figured that out after trying "configure --help" and reading the options. But I didn't know about the wiki page - that helps.

Now that I've successfully compiled it - I don't think it's what I'm looking for.

Does anybody know of a good hylafax client for Debian? I don't care if it's tk*, qt*, k*, or web/http based - but I haven't found a solution I'm particularly comfortable with. I'm coming from experience with Winfax Pro - and while that program did not give me reliable modem or network communication for modem sharing - I did have a nice client interface. I'm looking for something that will provide cover page generation, multiple recipients, preferably accept multiple source files - preferably from a printer driver, and will also let us view transmission status and logs. E-mail communication of status and logs is fine also.

I'd LOVE to have hylafax coupled with a SQL server to store sent & received faxes - but I don't know how to do that.

Daniel