Re: Again: Delays starting KDE apps after upgrade 3.1.3 => 3.1.4

On Thursday 18 September 2003 16:59, Patrick Dreker wrote:
> > since upgrading KDE to version 3.1.4 on Debian Woody I experince delays
> > when starting KDE applications. Don't had these delays on KDE 3.1.3. My
> > /etc/hosts contains valid entries for localhost and the name of the
> > machine.
> >
> Check /etc/hosts if localhost resolves to 127.0.0.1 and if your hostname
> <-> IP combination matches. Also check, if the loopback device is there...

That I meant as I said that I have valid entries for localhost and the
name of the machine in /etc/hosts.

Frank
--
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##
## http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~fm3                                     ##