Re: KDM/X authorization problems on a laptop

> Could it be two different, but perhaps slightly dependent things that
> bite me? The first thing is the authorization. That can be overcome by
> starting the X server itself as the user who will run it. The second,
> and probably more important thing, is that X crashes... If this can be
> overcome by restarting the X server, it can't be that bad, can it...?

Just a though, would your PAM (pluggable authentication modules) config have
anything to do with the first problem (someone more knowledgable please
comment here).

And for the second, after X crashes could you get and post a copy of
/var/log/XFree86.0.log ? Might contain some useful information.